Reading time: 2 – 4 minutes
Rock Your Cause is a socially conscious brand with a mandate of participative philanthropy, a fancy phrase we like that simply means giving anyone and everyone the chance to be involved and support causes they are passionate about. The organization is starting a global conversation about the causes of cancer and cancer prevention.
Although cancer is the leading cause of death in the world today , there’s many things you can do to reduce your cancer risk. The Rock Your Cause infographic below illustrates six easy steps to reduce your risk:
- Let food be thy medicine
- Stop getting drunk in the name of health
- Don’t be a couch potato, get some exercise
- Don’t smoke
- Protect or regret
- Be alert, know your risks and get routine checkups
Many of the facts presented in the infographic may be surprising, such as “9 out of 10 cancers are linked to environmental & lifestyle factors” and “30%-35% of cancer deaths can be linked to diet”. Here’s a few more:
- Daily Aspirin May Reduce Cancer Risk
- Lack of Health Insurance Increases Risk of Cancer Death
- The Review Is In: Lifestyle Changes Prevent Breast Cancer
You can follow Rock Your Cause on Twitter @RYCause or like the Rock Your Cause Facebook page. For more information on cancer, check out A Brief History of the War on Cancer and the Cancer channel here on Highlight HEALTH.
Infographic: The Good News About Cancer
Via: Rock Your Cause
- Cancer. World Health Organization. Accessed 2011 Nov 1.