Health Highlights is a biweekly summary of particularly interesting articles from credible sources of health and medical information that we follow & read. For a complete list of recommeded sources, see our links page.
- Colours affect mental performance, with blue boosting creativity | BPS Research Digest
Which color do you like: red or blue? The BPS Research Digest blog reviews a recent study that assesses the contrasting effects of the colors red and blue on mental performance.
- State of Health In the United States, 2008 | Open Medicine Blog
Dean Giustini examines the 20 specific health indicators proposed by the Institute of Medicine to measure the overall health and well-being of Americans.
- Probiotics | Science-Based Medicine
Dr. Mark Crislip provides an exposition on the science and spin of probiotics.
- How to Find a Good Doctor … An Expert Doctor Tells You How | ThePatientReport.com
The Patient Report.com documents a New York Times article that provides a quick education on how to search for a doctor.
- How Alternative Medicine Fails Us | Sciencebase Science Blog
David Bradley asks to a pharmaceutical science expert to comment on a post criticizing an herbal remedy and reader comments.