Fueled by new cancer therapeutics, last year the annual new molecular and biological entity approval count from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) saw its highest year since 1997. One-third of the novel products approved by the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) are used to treat cancers of the blood, breast, colon, prostate, skin and thyroid.
Health Highlights is a biweekly summary of particularly interesting articles from credible sources of health and medical information that we follow & read. For a complete list of recommeded sources, see our links page.
- Introducing … RxWiki! | Secundum Artem
N.B. introduces a wiki resource on drugs, edited and reviewed only by licensed pharmacists.
- Top 10 Reasons to Stay Healthy | Mark’s Daily Apple
Mark’s Daily Apple gives the top 10 reasons why you need and want to stay healthy.
- Perfect Parents | Musings of a Distractible Mind
Dr. Rob ruminates about parenting, discipline and children.
- e-Second Opinions: 100 Search Engines and Tools for Medical Self-Diagnosis | NOEDb
At the Nursing Education Online Database, Jessica Hupp provides 100 of the best online tools to help you diagnose and treat medical symptoms until you can see a doctor.
- CF “success” story | Gene Sherpas: Personalized Medicine and You
Dr. Steven Murphy, aka the Gene Sherpa, writes about the recently reported decrease in children born with Cystic Fibrosis and the importance of personalized medicine.