Health Highlights is a biweekly summary of particularly interesting articles from credible sources of health and medical information that we follow & read.
- Safe Cookware | Mark’s Daily Apple
Mark Sisson considers cookware and the effects of different materials on health.
- Science as a Search Function | The Decision Tree
Thomas Goetz reports on a project between 23andMe, the Michael J. Fox Foundation and the Parkinsons Institute and Clinical Center to develop a Parkinson's Disease genetic database.
- Imagine someone had been managing your data, and then you looked. | e-Patients.net
e-Patient Dave describes the issues he experienced when he uploaded his personal health data into Google Health. Do you know what's in your medical record?
- Pallimed: A Hospice & Palliative Medicine Blog: Hospice Patients Feel Abandoned by Doctors
Dr. Christian Sinclair reviews eight reasons why contact breaks down between a physician and patient following hospice enrollment.
- 20 Simple Ways to Get Happy: State of Mind | Reader’s Digest
In these tough economic times, it can be challenging to keep a positive outlook. Reader's Digest offers 20 ways to take control of your mood and improve your health.
- Can a doctor sue a patient for a negative online review? | KevinMD.com
There are a number of online review sites where patients can write about their experiences with physicians. Kevin Pho writes about the negative aspects of these rating sites.
- New England Journal Of Medicine: Fewer Than 17% of Hospitals Have Adopted Electronic Medical Records | ThePatientReport.com
The PatientReport.com reports on a recent study on the use (or lack thereof) of electronic health records in hospitals.