Health Highlights is a biweekly summary of particularly interesting articles from credible sources of health and medical information that we follow & read. For a complete list of recommeded sources, see our links page.
- The Gene Genie Gone Awry? | Gene Sherpas: Personalized Medicine and You
The Gene Sherpa discusses false positives and educational shortcomings of most physicians with respect to genome scans.
- Livin’ La Vida Long Time | Mark’s Daily Apple
Mark describes the results of a study that determined 4 simple rules to live longer and healthier.
- Learner’s TV: Free Education Online | ScienceRoll
Berci describes a new online resource that provides free audio and video lectures, animations, live online tests and ebook downloads in many fields, including medicine, biology and chemistry.
- The REAL Cutting Edge of Medicine | Secundum Artem
N.B. writes about a promising new vaccine to control high blood pressure by stimulating the human immune system to produce antibodies to break down angiotensin II.
- You don’t have to exercise just think that you do | Dr Shock MD PhD
Dr Shock reviews a study that seems to challenge our basic assumptions about the relationship between mind and body.
- What is peer review, anyway? | BPR3
Dave discusses peer review and the use of the BPR3 icon to show where thoughtful discussions regarding serious research are taking place throughout the blogosphere.