Health Highlights is a biweekly summary of particularly interesting articles from credible sources of health and medical information that we follow & read. For a complete list of recommeded sources, see our links page.
- Vaccines TV News Spots | Doctor Anonymous
In Ohio, the videographer Doctor Anonymous hits airwaves with his local CBS affiliate to talk about immunizations.
- The Obesity Epidemic | fundscience.org
It's amazing what has happened in the U.S. over the last 15 years. With the food and healthcare industries focused on profits, obesity-associated conditions today include heart disease and stroke, type 2 diabetes, cancer, gall stones and osteoarthritis.
- Beware of Top 50 “Great Tools to Double Check your Doctor” or whatever Lists | Laika’s MedLibLog
Jacqueline posts a warning about top 50 or top 100 health lists – some may not be as innocent as they seem. Linker beware!
- The Neural Basis of Multitasking | dlPFC
Michael Waskom describes a study that imaged brain activity in an attempt to understand why people have trouble doing more than a single thing at once.
- Medical Research, Research!America Featured in This Week’s PARADE Magazine | Research!America
How has medical research changed your life? PARADE magazine lists a number of breakthroughs from NIH-funded research.
- A new website for the rapid sharing of influenza research | Official Google Blog
PLoS Currents is a new and experimental website for the rapid communication of research results and ideas. The first research theme: influenza.
Are you a Twitter user? Tweet this!