A poll conducted by consulting company PricewaterhouseCoopers shows that one-third of Americans use social media, including Facebook and Twitter, to obtain information about health and wellness . Respondents reported using social media resources to self-diagnose, get information about prescription drugs, and check up on doctors’ and hospitals’ reputations.
- Improving Your Medical Literacy | The Decision Tree
Decreased mortality is one of a number of benefits of health literacy. While health 2.0 empowers the next-generation of healthcare consumers, we shouldn't forget about the other half of the problem.
- PeRSSonalized Medicine | Webicina.Com
A free tool that lets you create your own "medical journal" and read the latest news and articles in one personalized place.
- Hospital Social Network List | Found In Cache
Ed Bennet catalogs 150 U.S. Hospitals that use YouTube, Facebook or Twitter (includes links to each resource).
- 140 Health Care Uses for Twitter | phil baumann online
What is healthcare doing with micro-sharing platforms such as Twitter? Phil Baumann has 140 suggestions.
- Twitter Doctors, Medical Students and Medicine related | Medical Student Blog
The Medical Student Blog provides a comprehensive list of doctors, medical students and medicine-related tweets and blogs/websits.