Health Highlights is a biweekly summary of particularly interesting articles from credible sources of health and medical information that we follow & read. For a complete list of recommeded sources, see our links page.
- What is Success Or Failure or the Philosophy of Success | Dr Shock MD PhD
Do you ever reflect on your career? It may be easier now than ever before to make a good living, but it's harder to stay calm and free of career anxiety. Dr. Walter van den Broek highlights a TED video on the philosophy of success.
- Vitamin D Deficiency is Common in US Children, Associated with Cardiovascular Risks | Clinical Cases and Images
Dr. Ves Dimov highlights a recent study that finds that vitamin D deficiency is common in U.S. children and is associated with adverse cardiovascular risks.
- Science-Based Medicine 101: How To Establish A Source’s Credibility | Science-Based Medicine
How do you evaluate the credibility of a health news report? Dr. Val recommends three basic steps.
- 10 + 1 PubMed Tips for Residents (and their Instructors) | Laika’s MedLibLog
As a clinical librarian, Jacqueline's expertise is searching. She offers 10 tips – applicable to anyone using PubMed – for searching the database for medical information, including how to save your search and create alerts for new research articles.
- Over Diagnosis of Breast Cancers | Suture for a Living
Breast cancer screening is done to detect and treat lethal cancers early. Dr. Ramona Bates describes a recent BMJ study that estimates more than half of breast cancers are over-diagnosed.
Are you a Twitter user? Tweet this!